Aerial Work Platform Course Outline
Intended For: Those who are required to operate various types of aerial work platforms (AWP).
Class Size: Maximum 8 students per class
Course Length: 4 hr or 8 hr sessions (duration is determined by class size and participant experience.)
Course Content: The following topics will be included in the training session;
Each participant shall be instructed on the safe operational procedures for aerial work platforms in accordance with the manufacturer’s operating guidelines, CSA standards, WorkSafe BC and federal guidelines.
- Industry specific policies & standards
- Government regulations
- Manufacturers requirements
- Types of aerial lifts
- Parts and functions
- Safety systems / stability / capacity
- Inspection requirements
- Fall protection requirements
- Proper shutdown and storage procedures
Upon conclusion of the course, participants will have:
Developed a clear understanding of the above topics, participated in group discussions and exercises and observed and practiced in a demonstration on the use and care of various types of Aerial Work Platforms .
An ROT certificate will be issued upon successful completion of the course.
(wall certificate or wallet card)
WorkSafe BC’s Occupational Health & Safety Regulation, Part 13: Ladders, Scaffolds and Temporary Work Platforms, Division 5: Movable Work Platforms
B354.4 – Self Propelled Elevated Work Platforms
ATTENTION HEALTH AND SAFETY ADVISORS
WorkSafe BC recognizes supervisors are responsible to ensure all workers are;
• Adequately trained for all tasks assigned to them
• Provide direct supervision to ensure their work is being done safely
• Ensure only authorized, adequately trained workers operate equipment
• Maintain health & safety standards/correct unsafe acts and conditions
WorkSafe BC requires all persons responsible for operating AWP’s to be adequately trained and provide proof of training issued by a qualified instructor.
Click Below to Download a PDF copy of This Course:
Aerial Work Platform (2 downloads)