Intended For: People working at heights of 3 meters or more
Class Size: Maximum 10 students
Course Length: Approximately 4 hours
Course Content: The course material is based on WorkSafe BC standards and regulations and includes the following;
- Review of safety statistics regarding a fall on the work site and the definition of a fall protection system.
- Review of WorkSafe BC Fall Protection System Regulations.
- Review and demonstration of the pre-shift visual inspection of safety equipment.
- Review the inspection of additional safety equipment.
- Demonstrate and practice donning equipment including safety belts, full body harnesses, lanyards, anchors, and lifelines.
- Students are required to write an exam as well as demonstrate practical use of the proper applications.
Upon conclusion of the course, participants will have:
Developed a clear understanding of the above topics, participated in group discussions and exercises. Observed a demonstration and practiced on the use, care and inspection of course equipment.
A Record of Training certificate will be issued upon successful completion of the course, as well as provide the company with a Course System Binder.
WorkSafe BC’s Occupational Health and Safety Regulation, Part 11: Fall Protection
ATTENTION HEALTH AND SAFETY MANAGERS
The Occupational Health & Safety regulation requires workers to use a fall protection system where they could fall at least 3m (10ft) or where a fall from a lesser height may result in serious injury. Workers must be trained thoroughly in the safe use & limitations of personal fall protection equipment, including safety belts, harnesses, lanyards, and lifelines.