FILLING AUTO PROPANE TANKS
TeamWorks Solutions is recognized by Technical Safety BC and Transport Canada for all of its Propane course offerings.
CSAB149.2 Code 5.2.1 REQUIRED TRAINING — “Propane shall only be transferred from one container to another by a person who is the holder of a certificate recognized by the authority. Having Jurisdiction”. In British Columbia, Technical Safety BC states; “All persons engaged in dispensing propane, must have a certificate of qualification for the purpose of dispensing propane including the filling of propane cylinders and propane tanks recognized by the Gas Provincial Safety Manager.
This course has been designed for individuals who are strictly filling auto propane tanks.
Maximum 10 students per class
Filling Auto Propane Tanks participants will be instructed in accordance to CSA B149.2 Code, Technical Safety BC, and WorkSafe BC regulations and guidelines.
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will have; developed a comprehensive understanding of the topics listed below.
- Product knowledge
- Federal and Provincial Legislation
- Employer, supervisor and worker responsibilities
- Emergency Procedures
- Dangers of Carbon Monoxide
- Safe handling procedures
- Propane plant filling equipment
The student must successfully complete both a written and practical hands-on exam administered by our certified trainer. All training certificates for propane dispensing are valid for 3 years.
– CAN/CSA-B149.2 Propane Storage and Handling Code
– Transport Canada TDG Act and Regulations
– WHMIS regulations
– Technical Safety BC
– WorkSafe BC applicable Regulations, Policies and Guidelines
ATTENTION HEALTH AND SAFETY ADVISORS/EMPLOYERS
WorkSafe BC requires that Supervisors be responsible to ensure all workers are;
• Adequately trained and certified
• Provide direct supervision and correct unsafe acts/conditions
• Wear appropriate PPE
• Maintain health & safety standards
WorkSafe BC requires all personnel to follow rules and regulations by the authority in BC and to be adequately trained and provide proof of training issued by a qualified instructor.