Leading for Performance
Success as a supervisor is heavily influenced by how well your team operates and what kind of results they achieve. Is your team enthusiastic and motivated to do their best? Do they work well together? Are they good problem solvers?
Being an effective supervisor isn’t always easy, but developing these skills can yield extremely rewarding results. Supervisors and Safety leaders must exert a positive influence and be consistent with the message they deliver to co-workers. Effective leadership uses positive methods of influence and “walk the talk.” They influence by showing others that their behaviours are effective and always strive to surpass their performance and safety goals. This two-day workshop is for individuals who are new to the supervisory position and want to develop their team leadership skills and unleash the talent of their individual team members.
What participants will learn
- Responsibilities of a supervisor
- Adjust to the supervisor’s role with confidence
- Identify key attitudes that you can develop to enhance your supervisory skills
- Use time management and planning and prioritizing techniques to maximize your success
- Understand the importance of developing effective working relationships
- Recognize the responsibilities of a supervisor, to yourself, the team, the organization
- Learn a variety of ways to deal with the challenges of the role
- Acquire a basic understanding of leadership, team building, communication, and motivation, and what part they play in effective supervision
- Communication skills by developing techniques for giving instructions that are clear and understood through listening, asking questions, resolving conflict, and giving feedback
Course Duration: 2 days (16 hours)
Class Size: Maximum 10 students