RAIL CAR UNLOADING
TeamWorks Solutions is recognized by Technical Safety BC and Transport Canada for all of its Propane course offerings.
CSA B149.2 Code 5.2.1 REQUIRED TRAINING — “Propane shall only be transferred from one
container to another by a person who is the holder of a certificate recognized by the Authority
The Propane Storage and Handling Code regulates the loading, and off-loading of propane from rail tanker cars.
In British Columbia, Technical Safety BC states; “All persons engaged in dispensing propane, must have a certificate of qualification for the purpose of dispensing propane including the filling of propane cylinders and propane tanks recognized by the Gas Provincial Safety Manager.
This Rail Car Unloading course has been designed for bulk plant employees who transfer propane from rail cars to bulk plant storage tanks
Maximum 6 students per class
Each Participant will be instructed in accordance to Technical BC standards, Transport Canada Regulations and CSA standards.
Upon conclusion of the course, participants will have; developed a comprehensive understanding of the topics listed below:
- Propane Product Knowledge
- Preventative measures and first aid
- Emergency Preparedness
- Bulk Plant Operations
- Storage Tank, Valves, Gauges, Compressor
- Propane Rail Car Components
- Propane Testing
- Securing the Rail Car
- Unloading a Rail Car
- Preparing the Car for Departure
The student must successfully complete both a written and practical hands-on exam administered by our certified trainer. All training certificates for propane dispensing are valid for 3 years.
– CAN/CSA-B149.2 Propane Storage and Handling Code, and WHMIS regulations
– Transport Canada TDG Act and Regulations
– Technical Safety BC
– WorkSafe BC applicable Regulations, Policies and Guidelines
ATTENTION HEALTH AND SAFETY ADVISORS/EMPLOYERS
WorkSafe BC requires that Supervisors be responsible to ensure all workers are;
• Adequately trained and certified
• Provide direct supervision and correct unsafe acts/conditions
• Wear appropriate PPE
• Maintain health & safety standards
WorkSafe BC requires all personnel to follow rules and regulations by the authority in BC and to be adequately trained and provide proof of training issued by a qualified instructor.