TRANSPORTATION OF DANGEROUS GOODS
TDG Regulations 6.1 Training Certificate Requirements:
(1) A person who handles, offers for transport or transports dangerous goods must be adequately trained and hold a training certificate in accordance with this Part”
This course is intended to meet the training requirements listed in Section 6.1 and 6.2 of the Transportation of Dangerous Goods Regulations.
TeamWorks Solutions is recognized by Technical Safety BC and Transport Canada for all of its Propane course offerings.
This course has been designed for individuals who offer propane for transport, who transport propane, or direct others to either transport or offer for transport propane and other LPG’s that fall under the UN Dangerous Goods number 1075 or 1978.
Maximum 12 students per class
3 to 4 hours
Each Participant will be instructed in accordance to Transport Canada Regulations and the transportation of Dangerous Goods.
Upon conclusion of the course, participants will have; developed a comprehensive understanding of the topics listed below.
- Product knowledge
- Federal and Provincial Legislation
- Employer, supervisor and worker responsibilities
- Storage , transport and securement
- Incident reporting
- Emergency Procedures
- Personal protective equipment
- TDG ACT and regulations
- TDG classification and documentation
- Labels, placards and product numbers
The student must successfully complete both a written and practical hands-on exam administered by our certified trainer. All training certificates for propane dispensing are valid for 3 years.
– CAN/CSA-B149.2 Propane Storage and Handling Code
– Transport Canada TDG Act and Regulations
– WHMIS regulations
– WorkSafe BC applicable Regulations, Policies and Guidelines
ATTENTION HEALTH AND SAFETY ADVISORS/EMPLOYERS:
ATTENTION HEALTH AND SAFETY ADVISORS/EMPLOYERS
WorkSafe BC requires that Supervisors be responsible to ensure all workers are:
• Adequately trained and certified
• Provide direct supervision and correct unsafe acts/conditions
• Wear appropriate PPE
• Maintain health & safety standards